In a week of intra-conference matches – including two battles between the four first place teams – the results are in!
- Fairway 2 Heaven (2) soars over Foreplay (7) = 47.5 to 32.5
- Par then Bar (14) bounces the Zed Heads (8) = 47.5 to 32.5
- Putt for Dough (13) bests Range Balls (12) = 45.5 to 34.5
- Who’s Your Caddy (6) over Brooky Strong (4) = 43.5 to 36.5
- Bald Man Brewing (15) over Mid-Round Crisis (11) = 43.5 to 36.5
- 9th Green at 9PM (9) over Team Hack Attack (3) = 42.5 to 37.5
- CTB (1) trims I Like Big Putts (10) = 41 to 39
- Last Call (5) splits with the Loopers = 40 to 40
Prize Winners (Paid in BMGA “Chits”)
Low Gross & Low Net ($10.00 per category)
- Low Gross – Mike Manion with a 35. $10.00 to Mike.
- Low Net – Michael Saless with a 31. $10.00 to Michael.
Skins ($50.00 per side)
- Front 9 – Joe Minnich with a 4 (Net Eagle) on #7 and Bob Boufford with a 3 (Net Eagle) on #6. $25.00 to each member.
- Back 9 – Frank Abramson with a 4 (Net Eagle) on #10; Richard Schostag – 2 (Net Ace) on #12; and Chris Wrecza with a 2 (Gross Eagle) on #14. Nice deuce Chris! $16.67 to each member.
Nearies ($10.00 per winner)
- Hole 1 – Closest to Pin in Two – Paul Bryan (Result: “Par”)
- Hole 4 – Closest to Pin – Joe Luchsinger (Par)
- Hole 8 – Closest to Pin – Wayne Nau (Birdie)
- Hole 9 – Longest Putt – Erik Swanson (Birdie)
- Hole 11 – Closest to Pin in Two – Chris Wrecza (Par)
- Hole 12 – Closest to Pin – Matt Grove (Par)
- Hole 17 – Closest to Pin – Ross Johnson (Par)
- Hole 18 – Longest Putt – Kevin Ahtou (Quintuple)
The Weekly Rant
- Make-up of Week #4 – As of August 4, “Week #4” will be made up on September 7. If you were scheduled to play on May 18, you are likely on the schedule. Check with your Team Captain if you have any questions or conflicts.
- WNL Playoffs – The first round of the playoffs is scheduled for September 14. Conference Championships will follow on September 21 with the WNL Championship scheduled for September 28.
- Pace of Play is becoming even more critical now that the sun is setting earlier each week. Here are some examples of how everyone can pace of play a little faster:
- Be early to your tee time.
- Do not exceed time limit to search for a lost ball. The time limit is three (3) minutes!
- Putting out after missing a putt vs. remarking a one footer.
- Giving your opponent that six inch putt.
- Playing ready golf vs. strictly following the “honors” system.
- If an issue arises on the course during WNL play that may impact the result of a match, please bring the matter to the WNL Director’s (or other BMGA Board Member) attention so we can try to resolve it right away.
- If you are not entering your scores (or accurate scores) you are hurting yourself, your team and the people you are playing against. This includes WNL scores and “Away” scores.
- All players are responsible for entering a correct course handicap per USGA Rule 3.2c (1). Post your scores for WNL as they are not entered by the BMGA or Brookview.
- The WNL Director is not responsible for checking the accuracy of the player’s handicap on the scorecards. Check the GHIN App before teeing off to get your current handicap and adjust it to the Side (Front or Back) and Tees (Member or Gold).
- Scorecards should be signed by at least one player from each team.
- If someone concedes a hole, please mark an “X.” This is especially important when both players score a 9 but the hole is conceded by the player who picks up their ball first.