August 9, 2019 at 10:35 am #3217Roger HammModerator
So these things come up in my conversations with guys over this year, in no particular order:
1) New 2019 rule that allows for a drop when you lose a ball or hit one OB :
That rule was adopted by the USGA as Model Local Rule E-5 – meaning that it is not a rule, but a Local Rule and each organization would need to adopt it. The MGA, the MNPGA and the BMGA have all chosen to NOT adopt this rule. Howie addressed this in the spring meeting and it is documented in the file posted here: https://bmga.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Spring-Meeting-2019-.pdf on slide 18.
2) Lift clean and place does NOT mean you can improve your lie. You clean the ball and place it back in the same lie the ball had
3) WNL is a match play event, there is no such thing as a 2 stroke penalty in match play. A general penalty would be loss of hole.
4) Hazard lines extend upwards. So if you ball is on a bridge between the hazard lines, you are deemed in the hazard and get no relief from obstructions.
5) The WNL lost ball rule does NOT apply on weekend tournaments. It is a local rule for WNL only and designed for pace of play.
6) POST YOUR DAMNED ESC Adjusted SCORES in a timely fashion to the right course.
7) The tee box on #14 that plays about 265 yards is the shortened course for Blue, White and Member tees. The par 3 teebox is the shortened Gold course. https://bmga.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/CourseMeasurements_allTees.pdf
8) This should not have to be written here, but the damned road behind 14 green is a course boundary. If you are OVER that road you are OB. It is clearly written on the Brookview Scorecard.
9) Speed of play: the PGA Tour allows 50 seconds for:
• the first player to play a stroke on a par 3
• the first player to play a second stroke on a par 4 or par 5
• the first player to play a third stroke on a par 5
• the first player to play around the putting green
• the first player to play on a putting green
I have more but my fingers are tired.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.