On what turned out to be wonderful night for golf (and hanging out on the deck) weather-wise, the first intra-conference matches took place in week 8. When all was said and done here is what occurred!
- CTB (1) rips Mid-Round Crisis (Team 11) = 46.5 to 33.5 (Amended)
- Brooky Strong (4) continues to roll blasting 9th Green at 9PM (9) = 46.5 to 33.5
- Last Call (5) ends a five-match skid by interrupting ForePlay (7) = 46 to 34
- Who’s Your Caddy (6) jacks Team Hack Attack (3) = 45 to 35
- Putt for Dough (13) gets their first win of the season over the Zed Heads (8) = 43.5 to 36.5
- Fairway 2 Heaven (2) over The Loopers (16) = 43.5 to 36.5 (Amended)
- I Like Big Putts (10) trims Bald Man Brewing (15) = 40.5 to 39.5
- Par then Bar (14) ties Range Balls (12) = 40 All (First tie of the 2022 season)
Prize Winners (Paid in BMGA “Chits”)
Low Gross & Low Net
- Low Gross – Howard Hoffman with a 34 – $10.00
- Low Net – Frank Abramson, Kevin Hearnen, and Paul Olson with 33s – $3.33 per player
Skins ($50.00 per side)
- Front 9 – Mike Pokorney with a 3 (Net Double Eagle) on #2. $50.00 to Mike!
- Back 9 – Paul Olson with a 3 (Net Eagle) on #13 and Michael Saless with a 4 (Net Eagle) on #10. $25.00 per winner
Nearies ($10.00 per winner)
- Hole 4 – Closest to Pin – Dan Kjorsvik (Team 13) (Result: “Par”)
- Hole 5 – Closest to Pin in Two – Ben Zurn (13) (Par)
- Hole 8 – Closest to Pin – Eric Beitlich (7) (Par)
- Hole 9 – Longest Putt – Paul Bryan (2) (Birdie)
- Hole 11 – Closest to Pin in Two – Jeff Martin (4) (Three Jack Bogie)
- Hole 12 – Closest to Pin – Scott Syverson (4) (Birdie)
- Hole 17 – Closest to Pin – Tim Lipanot (5) (Birdie)
- Hole 18 – Longest Putt – Wayne Nau (1) (Par)
The Weekly Rant
- Using a Range Finder with the Slope functionality turned on is prohibited under USGA Rule 4.3a (1). The penalty for violating this Rule is the “General Penalty” (Loss of Hole in Match Play) with repeat violations leading to disqualification. For more information see USGA Rule 1.3c (2).
- BMGA veterans please take the time to welcome new members especially your new teammates!
- If you move a Prize Pin on the green, please be sure to move it back to its original position so the correct WNL member is awarded the much coveted BMGA Chits.
- Pace of Play is critical to the enjoyment of all. Please be to your tee time early (10 Minutes is a solid benchmark).
- After seven weeks of play, some scorekeepers still can’t fill in their TEE TIME. “Really”
- Players from two teams forgot what team they played on. (Two Cards = four players on each). Kudos for including your handicaps.
- One player wrote down a 14 for a score. The max score on a hole is 9!!!! (As in Nine). No wonder it takes us more than 2.5 hours to complete 9 holes 🙁
- Signing a scorecard means it’s supposed to be complete and correct in terms of addition, scores, etc.
- Scorecards should be signed by at least one player from each team.
- If someone concedes a hole, please mark an “X.” This is especially important when both players score a 9 but the hole is conceded by the player who picks up their ball first.
- Please post your scores for WNL as they are not entered by the BMGA or Brookview.
- The WNL Director is not responsible for checking the accuracy of the player’s handicap on the scorecards. Check the GHIN App before teeing off to get your current handicap and adjust it to the Side (Front or Back) and Tees (Member or Gold).