Well it’s hard to believe we have already completed 50% of the regular season. After nine weeks of play we have the following division and wild card leaders;
- Basset Creek North – Mid-Round Crisis
- Basset Creek South – Bald Man Brewing
- Golden Valley East – Who’s Your Caddy
- Golden Valley West – Brooky Strong
Wild Card Leaders
- Basset Creek Conference – I Like Big Putts
- Golden Valley Conference – Range Balls
On the course teams faced off in a week of Division clashes. After completion of play, the results are in.
- Brooky Strong wins their seventh match in a row whooping Par then Bar 49 to 31
- Range Balls whacks 9th Green at 9PM = 48.5 to 31.5 (Amended)
- Fairway 2 Heaven bests I Like Big Putts = 44.5 to 35.5
- Foreplay thumps CTB = 44.5 to 35.5
- The Loopers end a five-week skid upending Bald Man Brewing = 42.5 to 37.5
- Putt for Dough bests Team Hack Attack = 42.5 to 37.5
- Mid-Round Crisis edges Last Call = 41.5 to 38.5
- Zed Heads trim Who’s Your Caddy = 41 to 39
Prize Winners (Paid in BMGA “Chits”)
Low Gross & Low Net ($10.00 per category)
- Low Gross – Peter Crane, Kevin Stoner, Dave Suppala, and Jeff Wagner with 37s – $2.50 per player
- Low Net – Peter Crane with a 29 – $10.00
Skins ($50.00 per side)
- Front 9 – Nick Bellestri – 3 (Net Eagle) on #5, Dylan Cooper – 4 (Net Eagle) on #7, Jeremy Hagen – 4 (Net Double Eagle) on #2, Greg Hayes – 3 (Net Ace) on #4, Greg Hayes – 4 (Net Eagle) on #1, and Brad Soderling – 3 (Net Double Eagle) #3 – $8.33 per winner
- Back 9 – Randy Milbert – 4 (Net Eagle) on #11, Kyle Johnsrud – 3 (Net Eagle) on #13, Eric Berg – 3 (Net Double Eagle) on #15, and Jake Waletzko – 3 (Net Eagle) on #18 $12.50 per winner
Nearies ($10.00 per winner)
- Hole 1 – Closest to Pin in Two – Matt Payne (Team 14) (Result: “Par”)
- Hole 4 – Closest to Pin – Brent Lindstrom (6) (Par)
- Hole 8 – Closest to Pin – Dave Schoeller (13) (Par)
- Hole 9 – Longest Putt – Corey Smith (8) (Birdie and it was a beauty as seen from the beer deck!)
- Hole 11 – Closest to Pin in Two – Justin Wallace (15) (Birdie)
- Hole 12 – Closest to Pin – Ryan Johnsrud (14) (Birdie)
- Hole 17 – Closest to Pin – Gerald Meier “Liberty” (16) (Birdie)
- Hole 18 – Longest Putt – Michael Meyer (5) (Bogey)
The Weekly Rant
New Member Welcome: Jimmy Buckingham joined the WNL replacing an injured player on the Zed Heads. Welcome Jimmy!
- Future Hole Closures: We have now had two hole closures during WNL play. If there are future closures, holes will continue to be “halved” so players should write down scores that will ensure a halving of the hole. For example, Player A is getting a stroke. Player A writes down a 5 and Player B writes down a 4. If there is stroke index differential on the closed hole, players can agree on what score to enter taking into account current handicap, playing conditions, etc.”
- If an issue arises on the course during WNL play that could impact the results of your match, please bring the matter to the WNL Director’s (or other BMGA Board Member) attention so we can try to resolve it right away.
- Pace of Play is critical to the enjoyment of all. Ready golf is strongly encouraged!
- If you move a Prize Pin on the green, please be sure to move it back to its original position so the correct WNL member is awarded the much coveted BMGA Chits.
- Please post your scores for WNL as they are not entered by the BMGA or Brookview. Sandbaggers are not appreciated.
- The WNL Director is not responsible for checking the accuracy of the player’s handicap on the scorecards. Check the GHIN App before teeing off to get your current handicap and adjust it to the Side (Front or Back) and Tees (Member or Gold).
- Scorecards should not be altered after being submitted without all impacted players agreeing to any changes to the results. If agreement cannot be reached, the issue should be brought to the attention of the WNL Director of other BMGA Board Member.
- Scorecards should be signed by at least one player from each team.
- Listing of tee times, team numbers and poor addition are ongoing deficiencies. Come on guys!
- If someone concedes a hole, please mark an “X.” This is especially important when both players score a 9 but the hole is conceded by the player who picks up their ball first.