We’ve reached the mid-way point of the season – with a couple rainouts it certainly doesn’t feel like Week 8. Remember, there is no 1st half/2nd half winners – the payouts now go to 2 Conference winners ($40/dude on both taem) and the other 2 Division winners ($20/dude on both teams). Then 2 wildcard teams (one from each Conference) round out the playoffs but win $0.
The GVC is the tight conference right now – Range Balls (255.5 pts) holds a slight lead over WTF (244 pts). Drive 4 Show (253) lost their first week but hold a seven point lead over Team Hack Attack (246). Up in the BCC, Fairway 2 Heaven (262) holds a comfortable lead over Young Gunz (244)…for now. And Foreplay (259.5) is up over Loopers (238.5). No movement in the standings from last week. And we got another tie between Loopers and WTF.
Individual Low Gross:
- Mr. Richard Brynteson dominated the front with a 33 (?!?!) beating out a couple of usual suspects (Howie and Supalla) by one for the $10. The man says he’s never broken par, yet nearly made birdie on #9, meaning this is one cool customer. Nicely done, BAGGER (he also won the 2-man low net)!
2-Man Low Net (even weeks):
- 1st: Richard Courtney (32) & Richard Brynteson (29) – 61 (front) – $17.50 each
- 2nd: Peter Steichen (35) & Mark Lauffenburger (31) – 66 (back) – $10 each
- 3rd: Gary Scharmer (36) & Jim Hegedus (31) – 67 (front) – $7.50 each
Weekly Hole Winners ($10 each):
- Closest-to-Pin-in-Two #1: Jim Husnik
- Closest-to-Pin #4: Dan Olson
- Closest-to-Pin #8: Steve Latham
- Long Putt #9: Rich Benson
- Closest-to-Pin-in-Two #11: Don Grove
- Closest-to-Pin #12: Brent Wolosyn
- Closest-to-Pin #17: Brent Lindstrom
- Long Putt #18: Jay Steffenhagen
There were a few people saying we should write down whether we make a putt or not on the closest-to cards…it’s not an official rule, but would be fun to see!